Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DJ\'s too simple Brisket

djh3
djh3 Posts: 2
edited November -1 in Beef

Ingredients

I used a 3.5lb beef briket but you can use whatever size you want.

Stubbs Beef Marinade (I got mine @ Publix here in Fl)

1tsp give or take to your liking Onion Soup Mix (powdered)

Everglades seasoning 1tsp-1.5tsp

Instructions

I trimmed off the excess fat. Then scored both sides of the meat. I also took a fork and gave it a few pokes all over on both sides to let the marinade in a little better.

Put it in a zip lock bag poured enough marinade in to cover suffeciantly and removed the air so all of the meat is covered in liquid. Popped it in the fridge for around 16hr.

Removed from fridge a couple hours prior to going on the fire to let it sort of stabilize. This was a good time to finnish up the seasoning and let it work some. First I sprinkled the onion soup mix powder on to one side and then dusted the same side with the everglades seasonings. Pat it in, flip the meat over and repeat. Adjust the onion soup mix and everglades as you see fit. Also added a light sprinkle of garlic seasoning. Not garlic salt as I figured there was enough sodium in the other 2 things. lol

Fired up the Egg to about 225. Threw on my favorite chips (a Tenn whiskey varitey) and the V-rack with the high part of the V up. Layed the brisket over the rack and cooked it for about an hour a pound. I think the recomended internal temp is in the 145 range. Mine were actually done before I had figured. I took them out and placed on a large cookie sheet and covered with foil for 20-30 min before slicing up.

Notes

http://www.buystubbs.com/stubbsmarinade.html http://www.evergladesseasoning.com/products.htm Try them all. I have not found one I dont like. The "heat" is pretty hot to me. I like the Catus Dust best. The fish and chicken is just as good on pork chops. UMMM

Number of Servings:

Time to Prepare: 40min + frige time