Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Whole Flounder

Options
Ben Overesch
Ben Overesch Posts: 2
edited November -1 in Seafood

Ingredients

1 galic cloved minced

1 lemon, juice and garnish

3TBS, Stale Corn Bread crumbled or buter cracker, bread crumbs

3TBS white onion  ,chopped

3TBS Bell or Anehiem pepper, Chopped

1/2tps Jalopeno or sorano pepper minced

2TBS Parsley chopped

1TBS Mayo

2TBS butter

2TBS Olive oil

1 whole Flounder, Head removed, rinsed and scaled, Aprx 12inces long or more.

4OZ Speclkled Trout Filet/ cut filet into strips lenghtwise about 1/2 inces wide/can sub shrimp peeled uncooked or crab meat

salt, black pepper, cajun seasoning(Optional)

Instructions

Prepare Egg to indirect to 335 to 350 degrees. No wood chunks, perfered.

Put grill pan or small cookie sheet big enough to hold fish on grill. let this heat.

In a small sauce pan Melt Butter and Olive oil over med high heat.

Cook onions, peppers until wilted, add garlic and 1/2 of the parsley season with salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes then add Trout pieces . cook one minute stiring until just opaque.

Remove from heat, Add 1/2 of the crumbs and season with 1/4tps cajun seasoning and squeeze of lemon. let cool in refrigerator.

Cut flounder down the center to the back bone from the head to the tail. With a boning or filet knife Cut the meat away from the center out to the edge of the fish all the way down to the tail. This will form a pocket with two flaps of meat and skin.

Salt and pepper the insides and sqeeze of lemon. Add the stuffing mixture to the pocket and the Mayo, remaining bread crumbs and 1/8tps Cajun seasoning. Fold the skin over the stuffing and close with Toothpick. Add a slice of lemon to the top and more parsley and pepper.

When the BGE is at temp transfer the Flounder to heated grill pan and close lid.

Cook for 15 min. then shut down Egg for 5 to 7 minutes more. Check for doneness , do not over cook.

Notes

Since a lot of the flounder I catch are 12 to 14 inces and I also catch Speckled Trout with them. I use the trout to make the stuffing mixture and to make it feed two people. The trout tends to dry out if cooked alone and they go great with the flounder. This very easy to serve a the fish will spatula right off with the stuffing. Then lift out the bones and enjoy the lower half. Skin is greast too. I recomend whipped sweet potatos and a Chardonay.

Number of Servings: 2

Time to Prepare: 35 min tota