Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pumpkin-Pecan Bread

Options
Pumpkin_07, Lynn Hadden
edited November -1 in Baking

Ingredients

• 3 Cup All-Purpose Flour• &#189 tsp Baking Soda
• 3 Cup Granulated Sugar• &#189 tsp Salt, Iodized Table Salt
• 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground• 1 Cup Vegetable Oil, Wesson Brand
• 1 tsp Cloves, ground• 3 Eggs, Jumbo or Large in size
• 1 tsp Allspice, ground• 1 can 1 14-oz. can of Pure 100% Pumpkin, Libby Brand (not pie mix)
• 1 tsp Nutmeg, ground• 1 Cup Pecans, chopped
• 1 tsp Baking Powder
• 1 tsp Vanilla, I use pure vanilla from Costa Rica

Instructions

Mix dry ingredients in large bowl:
flour, sugar, spices, salt and sodas.
I mix with large, silicone fork until well-mixed.

Add wet ingredients:
vanilla, eggs, canned pure pumpkin, oil.
Mix well with large spoon or fork until well incorporated and until no flour mixture is visible.

I spray loaf pans with Pam spray with flour, Pillsbury with Flour or Baker's Joy with Flour. Spray well and evenly so bread will come out nicely.

If using mini-loaf pans, divide dough between 5 to 6 mini-loaf pans. I use a 6, mini-loaf pan made of silicone from Kitchen Aid Brand.
Stir in chopped pecans, if desired.

Pre-heat egg to 325 degrees (or convection oven to 350 degrees).

I use a 6, mini-loaf pan made of silicone from Kitchen Aid Brand. I place silicone baker onto a cooling rack to use as a &#034rack&#034 for silicone baker.

Use place setter for indirect heat- convection oven style heat.

Place setter
Grill Rack, BGE
Cooling Rack- for baking
then Silicone 6-mini-loaf baking pan by: Kitchen Aid

Bake loaves in silicone or aluminum/ metal loaf pans for approximately 45-60 minutes. Bake until loaves are done on top with no liquid showing.

Bread is done and ready when it moves / separates away from sides of pan. Allow to cool before removing from pan / loaf pan, and also allow to cool prior to slicing to avoid crumbly slices.

Notes

Many of my friends love it and serve it as a toasted dessert with caramel sauce, ice cream, whipped cream, etc.
You could add raisins also if you'd like to. It's great warm or cool with honey, butter, and/or cream cheese. It's great to give as gifts during autumn season up to November and December holidays. Some people even bake it and gift it in 1-pound, clean coffee cans.

Number of Servings:

Time to Prepare: