Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

no knead bread

Options
fyrcat
fyrcat Posts: 41
edited November -1 in Baking

Ingredients

• 3 Cup flour(whole wheat,white or combo)
• 1 &#188  tsp salt
• &#188 tsp instant dry yeast
• 1&#188-1&#189 Cup water
• parchment paper
• dutch oven

Instructions

12-24 hours before you bake(I do it before I go to bed)-place the flour,salt and yeast in a bowl. Mix them together with a spoon or your hand. Add water and mix together. Cover bowl and let sit overnight.

Next day, place dutch oven in egg, and heat to 500-550. When hot, place some flour on board or counter. Dump your risen dough onto the flour and form into a loaf. It can tend to be almost liquid,so next time add less water at the beginning, the loaf will still be great though!!! I use parchment paper for all of my baking,so cut out a piece to fit the dutch oven. Place dough on parchment, and place in hot dutch oven. Keep top on for 20-30 min. 10 minutes off. With instant read thermometer, stick in the bread-it will be ready at 206-212 degrees.Remove and let cool for 1 hour.

Notes

I add grated asaigo cheese when I remove the top, or any cheese would be great!!!. I have also made this with my sourdough starter,using &#188 cup instead of the yeast. Very Yummy, and easy. Best crust and crumb texture I have ever had.You can make this in a gas or electric oven,the crust is even better,but it is still pretty darn good in the egg. I also use this dough for pizza crust which turns out perfect in the egg...

Number of Servings:

Time to Prepare: