Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tropical Storm Oysters

Options
Eric
Eric Posts: 83
edited November -1 in Seafood

Ingredients

• 12+ oysters, fresh shucked
• 1 stick butter- soft, salted
• 2  Cloves garlic
• 1 Tbs chives- dried or fresh
• 1 white onion- med or small
• 1 Oz chopped smoked sausage- pre cooked
• 2 Tbs parmasean (sp?) cheese
• 1 Oz vodka

Instructions

Shuck oysters, save as much juice as possible, place on tray w/ rock salt (to keep oysrets up right). When out of rock salt, I use an old muffin tin- the openeings allow for a perfect place to balance the shell.

Mix all ingredients togeather (except vodka and sausage and cheese) place a dot of the mix on the oysters, fill the shell w/vodka and any oyster juice that you saved, sprinkle w/ cheese, put 1-2 pieces of chopped sausage on top.

Heat BGE to 350-400 deg. (add wood chips for a more smokey flavor if you like- I do).

Cook direct for 4-6 min (bigger oysters longer time)

Serve hot, eat them just like raw ones, slurp the juice- it is the best part.

Notes

Some people like crackers and cocktail suace w/ them but I like liquid bread....a beer.

Number of Servings:

Time to Prepare:

Comments

• randynsmith
    Options
    Ingredients

• 12+ oysters, fresh shucked• 1 stick butter- soft, salted • 2  Cloves garlic• 1 Tbs chives- dried or fresh• 1 white onion- med or small• 1 Oz chopped smoked sausage- pre cooked• 2 Tbs parmasean (sp?) cheese• 1 Oz vodkaInstructions

Shuck oysters, save as much juice as possible, place on tray w/ rock salt (to keep oysrets up right). When out of rock salt, I use an old muffin tin- the openeings allow for a perfect place to balance the shell.Mix all ingredients togeather (except vodka and sausage and cheese) place a dot of the mix on the oysters, fill the shell w/vodka and any oyster juice that you saved, sprinkle w/ cheese, put 1-2 pieces of chopped sausage on top.Heat BGE to 350-400 deg. (add wood chips for a more smokey flavor if you like- I do).Cook direct for 4-6 min (bigger oysters longer time)Serve hot, eat them just like raw ones, slurp the juice- it is the best part.Notes

Some people like crackers and cocktail suace w/ them but I like liquid bread....a beer.Number of Servings:

Time to Prepare: