Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bucky's 2-3-2 Smoked Chili

Options
Banker John
Banker John Posts: 1
edited November -1 in Pork

Ingredients

• 1.75 # Pulled Pork (injected with 50/50 Sprite & apple cider Vinegar)• 1 - 12oz bottle Miller High Life (no additives, no preservatives)
• 1 each - Green, yellow and red bell pepper• ½ tsp Course grind Black pepper
• 8 cloves Garlic pressed• 1/8 tsp fine grind white pepper
• 1 Fist sized onion diced fine• 1 pinch mustard powder spice
• 2 cans 15 oz Organic Tomato sauce• 8 drops Tabasco sauce
• 1 - 15oz can organic Garbanzo Beans• 2 tbsp Chili Powder (I use Badia)
• 1 - 15oz can organic Great Northern Beans• 1 tbsp Paprika (I use Badia)
• 1 - 15oz can organic Pinto Beans

Instructions

Chop onions, set aside, chop peppers, set aside. Sauté onions in dutch oven until translucent. Press garlic and sauté another minute. Add Chili powder (use your judgment - not all chili powders are the same - I use Badia brand) and Paprika and pinch of mustard. Add tomato sauce, beans, pulled pork & beer. Fold all together, careful not to break beans by stirring. Sample for spices of chili powder & paprika and add as necessary. Bring to very light boil (chili will bubble slightly) but don't let it burn. Don't worry about the spicy heat, this comes with cooking and resting overnight.

Stabilize egg at 225-230. Once the chili is prepared as above, put 3 or 4 hickory chunks on the lump, replace the plate setter & kiln posts and place the dutch oven uncovered on the kiln posts (½&#034 brass plumbing elbows). Close the egg and smoke for 6 hours, stirring every 45 minutes to an hour. When the hickory chunks burn out and no longer smoke, add more. Adjust the temp of the egg to just where the chili boils.

After smoking for about 6 hours, cool the chili and place in FoodSaver bags and vacuum seal & Freeze in portions to your liking. To warm, heat for another few hours to desired temp and eat. I would not eat the same day I cook, it really is better at least the next day. Will keep vacuum sealed for up to 4 months.

Notes

Serve warm using tongs and not using a ladle. Eat with a fork, not a spoon.

Number of Servings:

Time to Prepare: