Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple pork loin

Options
Tim M
Tim M Posts: 4
edited November -1 in Pork

Ingredients

• 1 Pork Loin -- 2lbs or more
• &#190 Cup orange marmelade
• 2 Tbs lemon juice
• &#189 tsp ginger
• &#189 tsp dry mustard

Instructions

The night before - coat the loin with JJ's rub or whichever rub you fancy. Wrap in plastic wrap and return it to the frig over night.

Fire the grill to 300 deg. I added 1 chunk hickory and 1 handful of cherry chips once the fire was going.
I used 3 fire bricks on top of the main grill. On that I placed the drip pan with a V rack. Mr Loin was added along with a meat thermometer (I used a Polder & probe).
Cook for 2.5 hours or until the temp is up to about 150deg.
Open up the egg and spread the marmelade sauce all over the top of the loin (see section below). No need to rotate the loin.
Finish cooking upto a temp of 165-170 deg. I raised the temp of the egg to 350 deg for the last ½ hour since I let a lot of heat out when I spread on the marmelade.
Remove the loin and wrap it in tin foil and let it sit for 15 min. Slice and serve. I like to dip it in a BBQ sauce but thats a personal preference.

Notes

Combine the marmelade, lemon, ginger and mustard and warm in a small sauce pan. Spread the warm mixture on the top of the loin. The sauce will only be warm - otherwise it will be too runny and won't set on the loin as well.

Number of Servings:

Time to Prepare: