Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Veal Chops

Spin & MrsSpin
Spin & MrsSpin Posts: 1
edited November -1 in Beef

Ingredients

• 2 lb Veal chops (¾ inch thick)
• 6 Tbs Lemon juice (fresh squeezed is best)
• 4 Tbs Canola Oil
• 2 &#188 tsp Crushed kosher salt
• 1 1/8 tsp Ground white pepper
• 3 Shallots minced
• 16 Oz Whipping cream
• &#188 Cup Dry minced chives (can use fresh)
• &#189 Cup Dry white wine (use the drinkable stuff)

Instructions

Marinade - In a shallow pan large enough to hold all of the chops, stir together 4 Tbs lemon juice, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp white pepper, and oil. Place room temp veal chops in the pan, coat with the marinade on both sides. After 15 minutes, turn the chops and recoat. Remove after another 15 minutes.
Chive cream sauce - Steep the chives in the wine for 15 minutes. In a saucepan over medium heat place the cream, chives and wine, and 2 Tbs lemon juice. Simmer until reduced by one third. Keep warm over low heat. Stir in ¼ tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper just before serving.

Prepare the EGG for high temperature searing. Make a good hot fire as you will need to rapidly reach 700F+ after closing the lid when you insert and turn the chops. When the dome gauge reaches 700F, sear the chops for 1 minute and turn. When temp reaches 700F again, close down vents, turn the chops, and wait for 10 minutes. Remove and serve with cream sauce.

Notes

Veal chops only provide a few morsels per chop. Figure 2-3 chops per person. We tend to serve this meal with a salad, scalloped apples, green beans almondine, and a potato (your choice). It tends to be a pricey meal, but well worth the effort for that special occasion. I'd like to add a special thanks to my wife for helping me with this meal. I wouldn't have done it without her - Spin.

Number of Servings:

Time to Prepare: