Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Home Made Salmon Burgers and ABTs

Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I think there must be something wrong with me. I've always grilled, regardless of the weather, just tough through it, but this is ridiculous. Tonight it was 104 degs at 5:30 in the shade. Here's proof. But I love my BGE and I love cooking on it, anything and everything.

P1020838.jpg

To start off, I made up some ABTs to snack on. Yes, that is one of my home grown habaneros.

P1020837.jpg

P1020840.jpg

Not the smartest thing I have ever done. We don't usually have milk in the house, but I am so glad we did tonight. Wow, that burned.

I took the skin off some salmon and gound them up, mixed in some panko, dill, scallions, lemon zest, salt and pepper and some DP Ragin River. Threw them on the grill to cook up

P1020841.jpg

Plated up with some corn on the cob

P1020843.jpg

Was a very tasty and healthy dinner, but I'm going to need to work on the patties a bit. I feel like they were missing something, but we really enjoyed them.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    GOTTA give that a try! :)
  • Longrifle
    Longrifle Posts: 130
    Looks great, I am going to have to make ABT's need some else here to help me eat them. My family will NOT eat peppers. How well do they keep? Like to carry in for lucnh the next and reheat in a microwave?
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Try lemon zest. That should make them pop. What else did yo put in them.
    I really love salmon patties.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I did add lemon zest, along with panko, scallions, dill, s n p and some ragin river. That was it. They were similar to salmon patties I've had, but different in that they had no egg or binder and no bread crumbs or baking powder or anything like that. Looking back they definitely could have used some lemon juice.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    I can't get over just how GREAT of an idea this is... I am going to give this a go on Thursday, most likely... Already pulled out a flat iron for steak salads tomorrow, then Wednesday is Mrs. Dyal's birthday, which she already asked for Grilled Salade Nicoise. ;) Plan on using egg beaters for binding, that way not to add too many extra calories. Again, eggcellent job and idea!!!
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Now that I have a grinder, I will be giving this a go! No temp issues up here in the PNW...
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • RaleighGuy
    RaleighGuy Posts: 207
    That is a great idea for a week night cook. This summer, I have found out that I enjoy eating extremely spicy foods when it is so hot outside. I guess I am just a glutton for punishment.

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

• LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    that's great! I'm definitely gonna do up some salmon "burgers"
    context is important :)
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited August 2011
    =P~
    That all looks great!  The recipe for the salmon burgers sounds really good.  I will definitely give this a try.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• brisket30
    brisket30 Posts: 122
    I would have to add a little garlic and red pepper flakes, they look really good. I have eaten one of those ABT with habenro at an eggfeast 2 years ago and will NEVER again.