Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's this on ebay?

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Looks like one of the old "original" eggs. very cool that it has not been used at all.. if was close I would be temped
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Looks like a violation of ebay listing policies... keyword spamming. :)

• thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    I don't see any listing violations, not sure how you spam on eBay either. The listing is all done per the standards, lists the item, condition, condition of sale, no return, local pick up only, as is, no warranty. The seller has 280 registered transactions with 100% positive feedback. Accepts PayPal which covers your losses if duped.

I've done a couple thousand transactions on eBay, I'd bite and never look back if it were within my driving distance personally, and if I was interested.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    Pretty cool looking! Only a half an hour from me.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    No I see what GG means, using ALL those company names in the search listing is frowned on. it is not a Big Green Egg or a Kamodo.
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Makes the searches find the items. There are companies selling these techniques, been going on since eBay arrived on the scene. Pick an item like tiffany and see what you get...
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • Grandpas Grub

Listing Title:
    Vintage KIKUYA Hibachi Pot Big Green Egg Grill Kamado

"Big Green Egg" is a trademark name and the name of a specific product. Unless I am wrong the Kikuyta is not a Big Green Egg. Hence, the use of Big Green Egg in the title is keyword spamming, and a violation of terms.

Last time I checked, one can say 'like' the Big Green Egg can be used in the body one time.

GG
  • Grandpas Grub
    Nope, no can do. The tiffany example is the exact reason the policy is in place. The item is not a BGE and searching Big Green Egg should not bring up that listing - unless the person searching is having the search look in the body of the listing.

There is a popular dealer selling on eBay which does this a lot (keyword violation). If reported and it happens more than 3 times, the sellers account will be suspended for:
    1st 3 or 5 days
    2nd 10 0r 15 days
    3rd 30 days
    4th perminant and ebay will cross reference bank accounts, paypal accounts, email addresses, ISP's etc. Over time eBay had got their 'butts' covered with people breaking terms.

Look up keyword spamming in eBays FAQ.

Trying to get back on ebay even with a family member (who may be in the same family) is a real problem.

Further if someone bought the item and said to ebay or paypal that the item is NOT a Big Green Egg the payment would be pulled from the seller and held until the item was returned to the seller. Upon proof of delivery the buyer would get a full refund, problem or no problem with the item.

GG
  • My two egging friends who got me into egging 14 years ago has one and the other two of them ...This thing is sweet...Cant believe its unused. 60/70s . Not something to build raging fires in, rarley go over 350. Ive eating out off one tens of dozens of times. Not an egg but a cool piece. Very portable!! Id buy it at that price in an instant if it was closer. Both my friends have spray painted and jerry rigged thiers over the years with anything to keep it going. Matt
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • Grandpas Grub

Somewhere along the line I got the impression they were being made again. If not I have seen that same picture posted on the forum not to long ago.

GG
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Didn't he have the same one posted a few weeks ago? I thought it just tipped $200 towards the end of the bidding. Maybe the person pulled it and reposted it. It worked I guess for the bid being at $300. I wonder if the buyer will use it or keep it as a collector item?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • M local Egg Dealer has a vintage egg on display. leemme see if I can find the pics