Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Making Pizza

Options
Revolutionary BBQ Man
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi All
I am planning on making my first pizzas on the Large BGE today. I made my own dough in a bread machine. Shoud it be cooked at around 600*? Do I cook the dough for a while then add the ingredients? I have a pizza stone and a grill extender. Should I use the grill extender? How long should I cook it?. Any thoughts? Also, what are cooking bricks and where might I find them? Do they accomplish the same thing as a plate setter?
Thanks,
Rick

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Revolutionary BBQ Man,
    Here's a link to my pizza hints and tips page. The bricks to which you refer are firebricks. You may be able to find them at Lowes or Home Depot sometimes, or you may need to go to a brick supplier. If you do go to a supplier, get some splits (1/2 as thick) too while you are there as you may find them useful for things. Good luck!
    TNW

[ul][li]The Naked Whiz's Page of Pizza Hints and Tips[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz