Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Microsoft Outlook 2007 ?

Options
Zippylip
Zippylip Posts: 4,768
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Ok I’m at the end of my line with this problem. I use outlook at the office for email & calendar. My domain is through godaddy which pushes emails to outlook and has done so flawlessly for over a year until this week. Suddenly it stopped pushing new emails in, & the only way I can get them is to restart the computer then they all come rushing in at once. Outgoing emails are still going out in real time. WTF? Any ideas are appreciated, thanks, Marc
happy in the hut
West Chester Pennsylvania

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    My first thought is that it's the communists up to their old tricks again, but then it could be trolls.

Or just maybe it could be you need to just set up your default email account again. Could have 'glitched' itself in one sector.

Good luck.

Spring "Got A Hitch In My Glitch" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • bitslammer
    bitslammer Posts: 818
    Options
    Any error messages or do you just get nothing? I haven't used Outlook for years but I think there's a way to look at the logs somewhere in the menu. The whole reboot thing is the mystery I see. Normally mail works or it doesn't. I can't see where the reboot figures in. The only thing a reboot does is to clear the DNS cache but I'm trying to see how that would fit in.
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Just as the problem came (out of nowhere), it left, hopefully back to nowhere to stay. I have no idea what happened, but after several days of turning it off at night it just started pushing emails in real time again. I hate computers for this very reason (I don't understand them enough to know what's going on...).

I was not getting an error message, but when I would click on the send/receive button, that little box would open up & I could see all the emails that were 'in progress' but the little wheel would just keep spinning & they would never complete.

Anyway, thanks for the replies
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • wolfsburg18
    Options
    ZippyLip,

While this may be late I would guess it would have either been a firewall or authentication issue.   I have my fathers business set up with Registar.com and would never use them again but from time to time I could almost swear their security admins change the authentication and port requirements as there are multiple options which can be changed that will cause the issue.    I would assume you are using SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) this can use either port 25 or 587 depending on the server side security setting.   While incoming mail is either IMAP or POP which can use ports 110, 143, 465, 993 or 995.  A firewall causing an issue with the ports would place a temporary block on the port or a server admin could change the authentication requirements.

Hope that gives you a few ideas and items to look into.