Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pineapple recipes?

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sister and brother-in-law just returned from their annual 3 week spring vacation in Hawaii and brought us back a nice big fresh pineapple. While I saw the sugar dipped recipe in the submitted recipe section I need to avoid the sugar let alone the side dish of ice cream. Any other recipes out there?
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• MasterMason
    MasterMason Posts: 243
    Options
    RRP,[p]
    I am going to grill some tonight with a light dusting of chili powder, the heat and sweat is a good combo

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    RRP,
    grilled with butter, jamacan fire walk, and a little turbinado sugar works for me, if the pinnapple is sweet enough you could probably skip the sugar.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    Here's one of my favorites:[p]Pineapple Salsa (Steve Raichlen - BBQ USA)[p]1 Ripe pineapple
    1 Red bell pepper
    1 Bunch scallions (green onions)
    2-4 Jalapeño or habañero peppers (or mix/match)
    1 TBS minced, candied ginger
    ¼ C chopped, fresh mint
    3 TBS fresh lime juice, or more – to taste
    1 TBS brown sugar or more – to taste[p]• Peel the pineapple and slice into ½ inch slices. Core the slices.
    • Grill the bell pepper, scallions, jalapeños, pineapple.
    • Let peppers cool in paper bag or baggie to steam and ease pealing. Peal and seed.
    • Chop or place ingredients in food processor – course chop.
    • Can be made several hours ahead.
    • Makes 3-4 cups[p]My Notes: I've use habañeros both times I've made this and really like the heat with the sweet. This last time I made it, I used fresh ginger instead of candied. I think I like the fresh better. It gives it more zing. [p]

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    RRP,
    In a saucepan, combine 1 cup balsamic vinegar, the juice and zest of a lemon and 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger. Reduce to 1/3 to 1/2 cup. Strain and chill.[p]Peel and slice your pineapple just as the sugar-dipped recipe calls for. Without further preparation, grill the pineapple just until grid marks form. (Your cast iron grate should be dandy for this.) Flip to mark the "other" side.[p]To serve, drizzle with the balsamic syrup.[p]Ken

• ... I want to serve samples to customers at grilling demos.[p]What chili powder do you use on the pineapple?

I want it to taste good, not take the tops of their heads off, though. I have some San Antonio red and some Chimayo. I bet ancho chili powder would taste good on pineapple.[p]Lee

• MasterMason
    MasterMason Posts: 243
    Options
    QSis,[p]
    I did some with Gebharts chili powder, and some with DP firewalk. Both were good, but the firewalk was quite a bit hotter.