Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forum Inspired Back Yard

Egg Juju
Egg Juju Posts: 658
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Over the winter and early spring I read several posts here that inspired a couple of projects for us.

First I would like to thank Village Idiot for our raised garden. Being old folk and all bending and stooping is not high on our list-- crawling is even lower. :) So, when I read your post and saw your garden I knew we could work with that. Mine isn't as nice as yours, but we are beginning to get some tomatoes and the fresh basil is delicious. Thanks! So much for your inspiration.

7.jpg

Our back yard has always been wicked hot. The sun sets on the back of the house and the trees are just too far away to provide any shade during the day. We were talking pergolas etc... and after seeing a few screen porches on the forum we decided to screen in the back porch as well as cover a place for the eggs. It has worked out great.

Here is before...
5.jpg

and this is after...
26.jpg

It is comfy inside as well...
18.jpg

19.jpg

cooking in the shade is wonderful...
24.jpg

The cooks perch...
34.jpg

We were looking for some yard art, ie. concrete, when we found this. I love this pig! If anyone thinks the eggs are heavy... try moving a 4ft concrete pig! :lol:
22.jpg

The CFO expected a flower bed too...
28.jpg

Plus a little eggcessory storage...
20.jpg

...guarded by the frog...
38.jpg

...and the pig with a 'tude! :)
33.jpg

It has been a very hectic few months as this project progressed and I think it is done. Being able to sit outside in the shade with no mosquitoes has been so nice. Thanks to all for this extra-cooking inspiration and Thanks for looking. I promise there will be cooking photos in the near future.
Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com

Comments