Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Egg party was a big success (thanks!)

Options
horseflesh
horseflesh Posts: 206
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We had a bunch of people over yesterday for grub from our new Egg, and it was a big hit. I did a couple of Costco boneless pork shoulders (with NC vinegar BBQ sauce), a mess of ABTs, and had some chicken thighs and burgers ready to go on if anyone got tired of pork--they didn't.

Thanks to y'all for posting your recipes and techniques and answering newb questions over the years. This forum and web sites of guys like the Whiz and Thirdeye have been invaluable in learning to use my BGE, and I really appreciate all of your efforts.

Cheers from gloomy Seattle!

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Congrats on a successfull cookout!

Think you planted any seeds with your guests? :laugh:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • horseflesh
    horseflesh Posts: 206
    Options
    Definitely, the nature of the Egg (and various clones) was discussed many times. One or two guests may join the cult in time. :)