Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Menards says \"Rutland light my fire!\"

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_2257.jpg

Eggers who shop Menards might want to take advantage of their current sale. Rutland starters are only 50 cents for a box of 24. Five bucks for 240 fires is cheap!!!

BTW they also have re-loadable butane fire lighters also for only 50 cents each.
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Zogman100
    Zogman100 Posts: 69
    Options
    Menards is right down the street from me. Haven't tried those yet but may have to. Need a new bag of lump and Menards carries Royal Oak Steakhouse lump too.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Ron,

I thought they were maybe gettin in the gasket business :laugh:

My Mapp tanks sure aren't cheap. I should give that method a try again, when I'm in no hurry.
  • RRP
    Options
    Those are good starters and I've used them off and on for years. Funny thing is last winter I found a new box of them that was still in a bag with a receipt from 9 years ago. I thought maybe they would have dried out or such - Nope they worked fine!
  • RRP
    Options
    Adam,
    Ours carries the full line of Rutland products with the only exception they don't mess with the bulk reels selling it a foot at a time...guess they let somebody else have that custom business :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Ron
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Thanks for the tip Ron!

I have a Menards just down the street from me at my far terminal (North Platte,NE) and hopefully they'll have the same thing in stock.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Thanks Ron!
    I have been using the Weber Starter Cubes.
    Much cheaper this way B)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Focker
    Options
    336 fires for 7 bones :evil:

Between the "green bag"/hickory chunk deal, and these Rutland starters, Menards is really starting to warm up this Lowe's guy's heart.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• RRP
    Options
    LOL - I would have picked up more myself but there was only 12 boxes on the shelf and I didn't want to be a hog so I just took 10! I'll go back in a few days though!
  • Focker
    Options
    The cashier asked if I was a pyro?
    Told her not to be alarmed, the fires are contained. :woohoo:
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• TNT54
    TNT54 Posts: 40
    Options
    Thanks for the heads-up. I needed to stop by for more lump anyway, and I never would have known to look for these if not for your post. Got 6 of the 9 on the shelf, leaving a few for the next guy.

T.