Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flank Steaks

Options
DHall
DHall Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Picked up a couple flanks at the store this morning since they had em on sale. Never done flanks before but figured i would give it a try. Any suggestions on marinades and cooking times/temps? Im thinking direct at 400 or so for just a few mins a side would get em just rite. Thanks
DHall

Comments

• T-47
    T-47 Posts: 84
    Options
    DHall,
    Got this recipe out of an old Cooking Light magazine. It was awesome![p]1/4 C Packed Dark Brown Sugar
    1/4 C Minced Green Onion
    1/4 C Bourbon
    1/4 C Low Sodium Soy Sauce
    1/4 C Dijon Mustard
    1/2 t Fresh Ground Black Pepper
    1/4 t Worchester
    2-Pound Flank Steak[p]I used my Jaccard on the meat first. Combine the ingredients in a sealable bag and marinade the meat for 8 hours or over night in the fridge.[p]Remove the meat from the marinade and reserve the remaining marinade.[p]I grilled the meat over direct high heat for 4 minutes a side and let it rest 10 minutes, it gave me medium rare and rare meat.[p]Put the remaining marinade in a sauce pan with 1/2 t of corn starch bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute for gravy.[p]We served this with garlic/chive mashed potatoes and there was nothing left.