Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Wings

Options
Zogman100
Zogman100 Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had to try some wings last night for the first time, turned out pretty good and yes I do like a little bread with my butter!

IMG_0029.jpg

Comments

• Mudflap
    Mudflap Posts: 69
    Options
    Those look great! How did you cook them?
  • Zogman100
    Zogman100 Posts: 69
    Options
    Cooked indirect, about 275 for about an hour fifteen. Used some cajun seasonings and a bit of corn starch (which I've read on here helps to crisp them up) Turned out not bad but there's always room for improvement. :)
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Try them direct, raised grid, 400-425 until they're 185-190. About 30 minutes or so. Crispy, juicy! :)
  • Mudflap
    Mudflap Posts: 69
    Options
    I agree with Hornhonk. I don't see the need for corn starch if they are cooked at a high enough temp. They will essentially fry in their own fat. I cook them indirect at 425° for 40 minutes, turning once. Oh, and I don't put a single thing on them until the forty minutes are up. At this point they are just as crispy as if they just came out of the fryer. Then while still hot I toss in the sauce and throw them back on (direct heat this time) for a minute a side to give the sauced wing a little char. The last part is just my preference and not needed.

I don't think there is a wrong way just a lot of opinions. The wife says they are the best wings she's had and wants them about twice a week. That's the opinion that matters most and keeps me grilling.
  • Scooby's Eggin again!
    Options
    Looks very good! Thanks for sharing!