Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Facebook Spam

Desert Oasis Woman
Desert Oasis Woman Posts: 5,604
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
New to the Facebook stuff. SWOkla-Teresa just alerted me I got spammed or viruses or something! Just thought I was playing a silly game :blush: Sorry to all my Facebook friends. I will now unfriend myself from Facebook. email still works great B)

Comments

• Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    I refuse to play any of the games / quizzes/ and other junk on FB. I have yet to have a FB virus affect me.
  • :(
    Started out thinking I was responding to 2 Friends from emails :blush:
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Like Misippi Egger, I do not play any games or answer any questions on FB. I've not yet been affected by any viruses or spam - my privacy settings are very "un-FB friendly - I don't list any personal information, no DOB, no phone number, and I only share info with friends (not friends of friends). I FB a lot - posting statuses for myself and commenting on the status of friends...it's a great way to stay in touch. If you like the ability to chat back and forth and keep up with friends far and wide I hope you will give it another try - just avoid the games...and don't check in via FB at every public place you visit. They are sneaky little peeps.... :ohmy:
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    My sister Judy sent you some Facebook stuff that I sent her. Maybe I goofed you guys up, I don't understand most Facebook stuff, it's a confusing thing. People I've never heard of wanting me to give them stuff for their farm, etc.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    LOL give it another chance and change your settings. I have two accounts, one for family and friends and one for work related stuff. for you settings just have it friends only view and post. a lot of the new viral stuff is shared out to all your friends just by you clicking on a link. it is set so you are "liking" a page even if you are not clicking like kind of thing. I love it for keeping in touch with family spread far and wide and we all keep diff hours so calling is not always easy. have reconnected with some old friends that I would never have found other wise so can be a good thing too. :)
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Sorry you are having FB problems Kari. This forum is as close as I get to social networking, many of my friends are right here. :)

Blair