Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wife Out of Town

Doug
Doug Posts: 132
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife is out of town this weekend, so of course that means it is time to switch between watching basketball and poker, drink some beer, and cook.[p]So what do I have cooking in this guy?[p]
DSCF0575.sized.jpg[p]
ChefRD wings of course.[p]
DSCF0576.sized.jpg[p]
Here they are at the end of the cook.[p]
DSCF0580.sized.jpg[p]
I used some Tsunami Spin in the breading, and they were awesome. Of course, I didn't eat all of them; had to keep some leftovers for the wife when she gets back.

Comments

• Doug,
    Were those as crispy as they looked?

• Doug
    Doug Posts: 132
    eggecutioner,
    Absolutely. I accidentally cooked them a little hot (275-300), but they turned out great. Great crispy breading on the outside with some tasty juicy chicken on the inside. I put some mesquite on the fire to get a good smokey flavor for the wings. Wings are actually what convinced me to buy a BGE. I went to the home store here in ATL and tasted some of the wings they had going on one of their eggs. After tasting that, I had to get myself an egg.

• wdan
    wdan Posts: 261
    Doug,
    Looks like you went basic direct with them, i.e. no raised grid...is this correct? And you went 275-300?[p]Besides the rub and/or flavoring you used, are they then just dredged in basic bread crumbs? [p]Is that a large BGE?[p]Whole bunch o'questions because I've never tried them with a breading.