Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb On!

GrillMeister
GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
lamb1.jpg
<p />I just TRex'd an open leg of lamb after marinating in a variation of what BillT posted earlier. I added more fresh garlic to it and then sprinkled granulated garlic on both sides after a few hours in the marinade.[p]I seared this one for 3 minutes a side at 650 and I tossed in a few sprigs of fresh rosemary before plopping it on the grate. It's resting now while I bring the temp down to 325 for a roast till med-rare. I'll baste it with some leftover marinade and toss in a few more rosemary sprigs when I put it on. [p]I'm going indirect by placing the roasting pan on 3 fire bricks.[p]Happy Easter![p]GrillMeister
Austin, TX

Cheers,

GrillMeister
Austin, Texas

Comments

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    GrillMeister,[p]That looks great. What's your address again?
  • GrillMeister
    Thanks. Come on out to..[p]Austin, Texas...Home of the Texas Eggfest![p]It's worth the drive![p]Drive a little, Eat a lot!
    [ul][li]Texas Eggfest Website - Register Today![/ul]

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    GrillMeister,
    I did a boneless leg of lamb also. I stuffed mine with a combination of spinach, feta cheese, mint, garlic, salt, pepper, bread crumbs, milk, egg, and onion. Nice! The recipe made about double what I could stuff into the lamb, so I'm going to use the remains in chicken breasts. Can't wait for that either![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • GrillMeister
    The Naked Whiz,[p]That sounds good too. Can you post that recipe.[p]Cheers,[p]GrillMeister

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    GrillMeister,[p]Greek Style Stuffing For Lamb[p][li]6 oz package of spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
    [li]1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
    [li]1 tsp ground black pepper
    [li]1 tsp kosher salt
    [li]4 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
    [li]1/2 cup black peppercorn feta cheese
    [li]1/2 cup diced onion
    [li]1 cup dried breadcrumbs
    [li]1/2 cup milk
    [li]2 eggs[p]Combine all ingredients and stuff into a boneless leg of lamb. For a 3.25 pound leg, this was about twice as much as you need. Roast stuffed leg of lamb at 325 degrees until internal temperature reaches what you like for lamb.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • GrillMeister
    The Naked Whiz,[p]
    Thanks! We'll give that a try next time.[p]Cheers,[p]GrillMeister

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • crkscrw
    crkscrw Posts: 59
    GrillMeister[p]I also did a marinated, butterflied leg o'lamb--garlic, rosemary, olive oil, dijon mustard and red wine. Direct at 350 on a grid extender, but at the end found it didn't have the sear I wanted so I pulled the extender and put on the next level at higher heat for a couple of minutes. Ended up being a little more done than I wanted, but turned out okay despite bass-ackwards process. Next time I'll definitely T-rex!
  • GrillMeister
    crkscrw,[p]Mine turned out great. I'll post some pics when I get a chance. Mrs. GrillMeister did not care for the balsamic vinegar in the marinade, so I won't be doing that again. I think I'll swap it for some red wine.[p]TRex is the way to go.[p]Cheers,[p]GrillMeister

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas