Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mexican Meatloaf - thanks Spicecooks!

Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
MxML_06_05_0018_07_04.jpg
<p />Tonight was a simple meal on the BGE courtesy of the ‘Spicecooks’. I was down to my last frozen Mexican Meatloaf (I make several each time) – last week Spicecooks sent me a quick recipe for a topping – what can I say – no recipe that I have found with their name has been anything but delightful![p]The topping was simple...[p] *1 can cheddar cheese soup
*1/3 cup salsa
*1/4 cup milk
*1 teaspoon spicy seasoning mix - I used some of my Memphis Style Rib rub.[p]Combine in saucepan on stove on medium heat. Bring to a simmer stirring frequently, do not boil. Serve on top of the meatloaf.[p]The recipe is in the BGE Forum or can be found on the link below. Thanks again.[p]Life is GOOD!

[ul][li]Mexican Meatloaf [/ul]

Comments

• SpiceCooks
    SpiceCooks Posts: 80
    Gfw,
    As you can see, you can take a simple recipe and spice it up anyway you like and it will turn out great. Good idea on the memphis rub. Glad it turned out well for you.

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Gfw,[p]Every time you post pictures, the food looks so good! I know I have alot to learn. Although I've had my egg for a year now, I still feel like a total amature.[p]Great work![p]Smokey
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Smokey, I think that most of us are amatures - the BGE is just so forgiving that it makes the pictures easy to take. My wife just loves it (or maybe not) when I bring my camera to the table.