Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Just damn...

c tredwellc tredwell Posts: 575
edited 10:27AM in EggHead Forum
First night I had all my eggs going at once... lrg, sm, mini... had all the neighbors over..wicked storm came up and blew down a bradford pear into my porch :pinch: Luckily, everybody and everyegg ok........what a [email protected]$%kin mess... I know what i'll be doing tomorrow......just damn.... :pinch:

Comments

• The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    Bradford Pears are pretty useless, really. They tease you and then a strong wind comes and they break your heart....
    The Naked Whiz
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Dang Chris, sorry to hear. Glad all family members are ok, including the green ones. Hey at least you will have a good supply of smoking wood for the next long while.
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    Glad every one is safe.Gotta be a bummer though! :(
  • c tredwellc tredwell Posts: 575
    Bradford pear good smokin' wood? Nice to hear from u Ron!
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    Everybody keep all their teeth?
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    burn some and smell the smoke, then you'll have your answer. I personally do not like the way bradford pear smells when it burns. if you do, then go for it.
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    That sux Chris. Sorry man, at least it wasn't a tornado.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • c tredwellc tredwell Posts: 575
    HA!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: This time, yes....at your place....nope...poor kid lost 2 front ones! :pinch: I'm hopin Sparky is still in this area tomorow.. his jeep will pull it off my porch!
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,907
    Glad ya'll and the eggs are ok. Chainsaw massacre for tomorrow. Make sure you keep and season some of the pear wood for the eggs.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,795
    Did he bruise up bad?
  • Jupiter JimJupiter Jim Posts: 3,033
    Hi Chris, Bummer! :ohmy:
    I know at the moment things seem to be very sucky. But you and your family all woke up today and as far as I'm concerned if we wake up it's all good no matter how it turns out.
    Hang in there you will overcome.
    Jupiter Jim :)

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,393
    :( That's just awful Chris.

You're kid amazed me the way he just took that encounter with the firepit. :pinch: I'd a been crying and whining for a week or more. Sure hope you're feeding him plenty of ice cream! :)
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    No idea Tred, just pokin at ya. Not like our smokers require alot of wood anyway.
  • GirlyEggGirlyEgg Posts: 622
    Dude! Glad everyone's okay! I'm smoking butts for work tomorrow...my pecan tree lost a limb... That'll be good for my next smoke!

p.s. it was only a matter of time before the bradford pear came down...
  • crunkcrunk Posts: 94
    Chris, we had trees down here in Loganville as well...pretty nasty storm tonight! Glad you guys were ok.....

Crunk
  • crunkcrunk Posts: 94
    Chris, we had trees down here in Loganville as well...pretty nasty storm tonight! Glad you guys were ok.....

Crunk
  • Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,995
    Bradford pears are a worse weed than Kudzoo or Bamboo!

Glad all is well.
  • mr toadmr toad Posts: 668
    not good - sorry

i have a friend who just removed twenty bradford pears

mr toad
    In dog Beers - I have had only one !
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    Fidel wrote:
    burn some and smell the smoke, then you'll have your answer. I personally do not like the way bradford pear smells when it burns. if you do, then go for it.

I have seen several threads in other forums and it always seems that there are lots of questions and only a little real experience. I agree with Fidel -- if you like smell of the smoke, it is okay to give it a try,

Here is a link that is very positive about it.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5694879_smoke-bradford-pear-wood.html