Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

help with lamb

Options
mr toad
mr toad Posts: 780
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i have five (5) boneless "leg of lamb" - they weigh between 3.5 and 4 pounds - my question is what temp do you suggest and how long do you think it will take to reach 140 internal - thanks, mr toad
See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                    Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    mr toad:[p]It depends if you lay them out flat or cook them balled up. Laid flat, about 35 to 45 minutes at 350º on a raised grid. Balled up, about one hour at 350º on a raised grid. This is just a guide, that Thermapen will be your ultimate guide.[p]Big, juicy flies to you . . .

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 780
    Options
    djm5x9,[p]thanks for the tip, and thanks especially for the "wish"[p]mr toad

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,842
    Options
    2004_1230Image0013.jpg
    <p />mr toad,
    they trex well. sear rest and roast on a raised grill at 325-350. i take them off the grill at 123 as i like them leaning toward the rare side of med/rare, however for med i wouldnt let them get past 130 on the grill.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    2ab660b3.jpg
    <p />mr toad,[p]For this 3lb. bone-in leg section, I used a light coating of a
    no-sugar rub, a light coating of stone ground mustard then 1T of crushed garlic (with a little olive oil) was rubbed on. Wrapped in plastic in the fridge for 12 hours. Cooked direct on raised grate at 300° dome temp until 130° internal, foiled & rested for 20 minutes.[p]
    ~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery