Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Back from Port A with some goodies!

ATX
ATX Posts: 98
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Greetings fellow Eggers. Brought back a ton of shark & Vermillion Rockfish (aka B-Line) fillets. Thinking about throwing them on Mr. Egg tonight. Any good recipes floating out there? (pun intended) Haha!

Thanks in Advance!

Sunburnt and ready to cook in Austin

Comments

• Popsicle
    Popsicle Posts: 523
    I’m jealous, just got back from Baffin and fought the wind for 3 days. Glad you could get out and do some good.
    As far as grilling the shark, I like 1 inch thick steaks with a liberal coating of John Henry’s lemon pepper. 350/400 on a raised grid till done. I tend to turn them several times just to keep a close eye on how they are doing. You can paint a little butter on them as you serve or just squeeze a little lime. Pecan wood helps shark also.
    Popsicle
    Willis Tx.
  • achtungpv
    achtungpv Posts: 39
    Years ago, a friend made some shark fajitas...just marinate in whatever favorite fajita marinade you like and grill. They were fantastic.
  • How were the jellyfish? Last time we were there (end of March a few years ago), those things were ALL OVER the beach :sick:
    Got married down there 30 years ago!
    Hear they are redoing the White Marlin/Tarpon Inn! What did you see?
    Oysters in????
  • ATX
    Hmm Shark fajitas does sound intriguing. Thanks!
  • ATX
    You know amazingly enough we didn't see a single jellyfish this time. Not even that much sea weed. Beach was very clean. I know they were working a front loader out there though. Last year we went in Mid April and there were literally hundreds of those dead bloated suckers out there.
  • ATX
    Cool, I might give that a whirl. Sorry about your wind. We had relatively calm seas.