Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Reheat

Options
Wahooegger
Wahooegger Posts: 95
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone have any advice as to the best way to reheat brisket without drying it out?

Comments

• Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    Options
    Wahooegger,
    I like to do whole briskets and shred them like pulled pork. I save and reheat different ways depending on the situation. For personal use I divide leftovers into approx 12 oz portions and stuff a few foodsaver bags for the freezer and save one or two in quart size zipper bags in the fridge. Take out a sandwich portion and add a little sauce and zap in the microwave is just fine, or for guests, reheat the whole bag in a pot of steaming hot water for 8 or 10 minutes, kneading the bag a litle for even heating. If I need go to the foodsaver bags, I'll set one in cold water for an hour to thaw, then drop the whole thing in hot water same as above.[p]When supplying a whole brisket for a cookout I'll just plop the meat down on a large sheet of aluminum foil and wrap it up into a nice tight package and place each package into disposable foil pans. If it will be served that day I place the pans into a large cooler that has been warmed up with hot water and try to get it on the table while still warm. If it's a day later, I'll present the package to whoever is running the grills, with a little beer poured into the pan under the package and instructions to heat over a low burner for 12 or 15 minutes.[p] Keep any packages tightly sealed and discretionary use of sauce is recommended as cooked brisket has a bit of a tendency to dry out no matter what you do to it. I'd estimate that 2 tablespoons of sauce are more than enough to help out 16 oz of meat. Of course the diner can always add more if they like.[p]I follow the same steps for pulled pork, but I like to use hard cider instead of beer when reheating the foil pans on a grill.[p]Cheers,
    C~Q

• Wahooegger
    Options
    Citizen Q,
    Thanks, that's a big help.