Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Double egg table help?

Options
Cobra
Cobra Posts: 110
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
Has anyone worked out a solution for the height difference between a large and a XL in a double egg table? Im in the process of building a table for my large and XL, but haven't come up with a good way to get the grids roughly the same height without lots of clumsy spacers under the XL. I have thought about staggering the bottom shelf that the eggs sit on, but I was hoping for something a little less obtrusive looking than a thick stack of spacers. I appreciate any ideas, or solutions you may have seen.

Comments

• Boombotty
    Boombotty Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm almost done builing my "L" shaped table to house my Lg and XL. I used 3 pavers for my XL and don't think it looks too bad. I also plan to paint the pavers to match the cherry stain on my table to make them less noticeable. I'll post some pics when done.
    Scott
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    My combo is a large and a small so I had a bigger amount to space to deal with - but click on my profile and page down to my egg family picture. You'll see the riser I made to sit my small on became the carcass for a drawer that holds tools.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    here's a better picture. BTW I used ball bearing metal drawer rails so that humidity swings have no impact.
    IMG_1388.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.