Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs taken off HELP

Options
EGGARY
EGGARY Posts: 1,222
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The Ribs were taken off. They are cooking just fine but if I let them cook another
3 1/2 hours they will be overcooked again. I put them on a flat tray and wrapped with aluminum foil. They were on for 1 1/2 hours. I figure I have another 2-3 hours of cooking time. Can I put them in the oven for now ?

Thanks.

Gary

Comments

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Sure you can. But why would you think they would be overdone? If I add right, you are talking about 5 hours of cooking time being too much. It all depends on what type of ribs you have and what temp you are cooking at.
  • EGGARY
    Options
    Last week I overcooked ONE Slab of Spare Ribs, 5 hours. To me that was too long.
    The Ribs are not overcooked, but if I leave them one for another 3 1/2 hours I feel they wil get overcooked.

My also issue is that my Dome Thermometer. I recalibrated it and I don't know if it is right. I did order a Tru Tel but it won't be here until this Wednesday. Oh well.....

Thank you.

Gary
  • fiercetimbo17
    fiercetimbo17 Posts: 141
    Options
    What kind of ribs are they? My spares always take 6+ on at about 250
    What temp are you cooking at?
    I wouldn't worry so much about the dome thermometer if you just calibrated it correctly I'm sure it's still close unless it's just broken.
  • EGGARY
    Options

I will put the Spare Ribs on at 2:30.

I appreciate all the help.

Gary
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Not sure what I am missing :) but why put in the oven for 2=3 hours? why not leave on the egg? :huh: that is very fast to be done... what kind?
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    I have a single rack of St Louis SR going right now. I am trying the method Fidel covers in an earlier post. 5 hours at 275, slathering on the BBQ sauce with about 30 minutes to go, and bumping up the temp a bit to set the sauce on the ribs as they finish. Yum! She Who Must Be Obeyed is licking her lips. About 1 hour left to go.

:P
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon