Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

hey gatorbait how did the boneless ribs turn out?

Options
dhuffjr
dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
And how did you end up doing them?

Comments

• Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

When I opened them the mystery boneless rib thingies look just like pork loin sliced the other way. No big surprise. They are scored about 1/4 inch deep every inch to give them a rib like appearance but other then that I think they are just a slab of pork loin. Because I bought the best marbled ones, I think they will be good.

I have slightly modified my Teriyaki Tangerine marinade for the better and they have been resting in that since late yesterday afternoon. After a good 24 hour marinate they are probably destined for a medium hot egg, I'm guessing about 400º would be a good place to start and will cook them to an internal of 140º or just slightly lower unless I hear any better ideas from friends here on the forum. I am guessing that they will cook pretty quick as they are only about an inch thick, I am thinking direct over the coals will give better color to them. I think I am going to sauce them on the egg with some Blues Hog, they should be very tasty.

For better or worse I will post this evening after they are egged. :)

Blair