Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp on the Mini

Options
BlueSmoke
BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last evening I did a little experiment. After firing Eggbert the Mini to 600 degrees, I wrapped the grill in Reynolds "Release" foil. (I had to poke holes in it to maintain sufficient airflow.) Then I layed down a layer of shrimp, and after 3 minutes turned them to cook another 3 minutes. They were great, and cleanup was a breeze. (Just let the grill cool, unwrap and toss the foil.) Given Eggbert's size, I could only cook half a pound of jumbos at a time.[p]Oh, I'd marinated them in Island Grove Key Lime/Honey/Ginger dressing.[p]Ken

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    BlueSmoke,M[p]Morning ken,
    That sounds easy enough. Now, is release foil something special??? Have not heard that before.[p]Cheers,
    New Bob

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    New Bob,
    It's a fairly new product from Reynolds - heavy duty foil coated or treated or something so sticky stuff doesn't stick to it. I've used it a couple of times, and while it is more expensive than "regular" foil, the non-stick-ness makes it ideal for an application like this.[p]Ken