Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for a rasberey chipolte recipe for pork loin

Options
egghead2004
egghead2004 Posts: 430
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I hear so much about this sauce for pork loin, but I can't seem to find it in the recipe section.[p]Does anyone have this recipe handy? What about some good side dishes with it?

Comments

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    egghead2004,[p]Someone posted this not long ago and I grabbed it because it looked YUM. Unfortunately I didn't copy the "whodunit."[p]Ingredients:
    • 2 Cup Ketchup
    • ½ Cup Apple cider vinegar
    • ½ Cup Dark brown sugar
    • ½ Cup Smuckers Simply 100% Fruit Seedless Red Raspberry
    • ½ Tbs Ground chipotle pepper
    • 1 Tbs Whorchester Sauce
    • 1 tsp Garlic powder
    • 1 tsp Onion powder
    • 1 Tbs Captain Morgans Spiced Rum
    Preparation Directions:
    • Put all the ingredients in a pot and simmer for 20 minutes. Brush on ribs as a finishing sauce or serve warm on the side as a dipping sauce.

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Pork2.jpg
    <p />egghead2004,
    I use the Costco Raspberry Chipotle ( which is Fischer and Weiser ).[p]I then add 3-4 oz. of Balsamic Vinegar and about a tablespoon of prepared mustard. I marinate anywhere from 3 to several hours then salt (kosher)and coarse grind black pepper. Finally, I spiral wrap with bacon. I sear at high temps on an elevated grid and finish at 350 - 400, turning a couple of times until 145 internal. Let rest a few minutes before slicing.[p]Mike

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    BTW, this was for a tenderloin, but the recipe should still be good on the loin.[p]LR
  • MollyShark,
    It was posted by BBQBluesStringer on March 03, 2005 at 16:13:00[p]I copied it also ;>)

• Greendriver
    Greendriver Posts: 128
    Options
    egghead2004,[p]click on the link, go to bottom of page and click recipes, click on sauces and you'll see that on and a whole bunch more. It won something in 99 and I have tried it several times and loved it too.
    [ul][li]ugly brothers[/ul]
  • egghead2004
    Options
    MollyShark,
    Thanks, all three posted look good. which one to try...

• jaymer
    jaymer Posts: 49
    Options
    egghead2004,
    if you don't want to make it, its at Costco for $6.79 for 40oz.
    below is an ebay link - what a rip - $25 PLUS $10 shipping - ouch! but you can see what it looks like.

[ul][li]dont buy it here[/ul]
  • egghead2004
    Options
    egghead2004,
    Great, my wife has been to two supermarkets and she cannot find any chipotle chilies or any in adobo sauce. She's gonna try one more market, but if she cannot find any, can I saute some chopped jalapeno in some adobo and oil? Will that work?

• egghead2004
    Options
    It was great!
    I'll link the recipe I used.
    irst, here are some of the ingredients, 2# pork tenderloin, chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, onions, garlic, thyme, sage, rosemary, parsley, and on and on.[p]Exuse the lighting, I was beat from working/babysitting/cooking/cleaning...just being a mom today. I didn't feal like fussing with the light.[p]Rasberry%20Chipotle%20por%20loin%20prep.jpg[p]
    Here is one look at the tenderloin with the rasberry glaze over the rice.[p]
    Rasberry%20Chipotle%20por%20loin%20on%20wild%20rice.jpg[p]
    A better look at the rice, it had dried cranberries, barley, oranges, chopped toasted pecans, and lots of other good stuff. This could be one heck of a summer treat. This is actualy a fairly healthy meal, well compared with the rest of the BGE food I usualy cook.[p]
    Wild%20Rice%20with%20Rasberry%20Chipotle%20por%20loin%20004.jpg[p]
    Night all....I'm off to play some Madden 2005!!!

[ul][li]http://webpages.charter.net/ddegon/Food%20Network%20Garlic%20Roasted%20Pork%20Loin%20with%20Raspberry%20Chipotle%20Glaze.htm[/ul]