Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Another "joke" Courtesy of the Mini

Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
edited 8:26PM in EggHead Forum
Chuck Eye with all the requisite sides. What a crummy little grill. ;)

LR

april16033.jpg

april16025.jpg

april16039.jpg

Comments

• jaymag_87jaymag_87 Posts: 111
    Awesome. I get my Mini on Thursday. :woohoo:
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,796
    looks great. what's the joke?
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    There was apparently a poster last week who referred to the Mini as a joke. Several Eggers have chosen to disagree.

LR
  • Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    An interesting grid raiser. Care to share your secret? :unsure:
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,697
    You must have cooked that on a large and photoshopped to a JOKE mini :laugh:
    Salado TX Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• MickeyMickey Posts: 18,697
    Mike one real question: how do you get the potatoes that crispy and not have grill marks on them :whistle:
    Salado TX Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

Rich:

I'll go ahead and open myself up once again to the "Galvanization Police". However, I choose to trust Stike's opinion on the matter. ;) No written description necessary other than I cut a wooden disc slightly smaller than the grid to use as a mold.

Mike

minimod004.jpg

minimod005.jpg
    Indirect, Raised grid at 400 and finish each round individually with MAPP torch. :silly: :woohoo:
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    I use the mini Kim woo from Ceramic grill store and a few broken pieces of fire brick to get my mini "more" raised grid.... :) :P
  • DrugCoderDrugCoder Posts: 219
    I wish I had a "joke" like that. The steak looks wonderful!
  • Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Most interesting. Will start haunting the hardware store for supplies. Thanks.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    Mike,

Yeah but you couldn't fit the tater tots on there B)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• beesbees Posts: 335
    Those are some very good clear photos, what did you use?Randy
    Canon G-11 .....and Picasa ;)
    There's always room for Tots!....somewhere. :) My "somewhere" is typically in a skillet of hot oil. :silly: You still got snow?
    Thanks, Man. I choked it down. ;)
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,393
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :laugh: :woohoo:

Wait a minute Mike, what was the punch line? :huh:

(gorgeous pics)
    It snowed on the weekend a bit. Nothing on the ground. Want to adopt me so I can move south? ;)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Thanks, Dear. First I've posted in a while. Nearly forgot how.

Mike
    You bet!....But, I'm afraid rent will be involved...lots of rent. :woohoo: I fear I would be getting you out of trouble most of the time. Such is parenthood.
    Well with my history of cold weather I wouldn't need to live inside neccessarily. I'm thinkiing your outdoor kitchen would be fine.

BTW I sent you an e-mail through the forum. Check your junk if you didn't get it.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    Ahhh But Steven did you not notice they are mini tater tots??? :unsure: only half tots... :whistle: tot dots?? :whistle:
    Will do.
  • Susan EgglaineSusan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
    Yummy ;) :) Took my mini camping this past weekend, she did the job! Steaks one night, turkey burgers & corn for lunch the next day. Happy camper :)
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    What a mouth watering plate Mike!! Oh those mini's. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • BasscatBasscat Posts: 802
    Nice! Great pics. Not that I'd get rid of either, but I think I'd let my Medium go before my Mini. I'd miss the ribs and pulled pork, but the Mini is my go to cooker most days. I'm usually cooking for just me, so that is a consideration, but it is a great little grill :-)
    as you should be...camping is our friend.

lr
    just need your mountains ;)
    I concur. I love it.
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,904
    I have requested that joke for my birthday present next month. Can't wait to grill the punch line. :laugh:
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx