Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Don't you just love nights when you can justify the need for multiple Eggs? (w/ pics)

Options
TRex
TRex Posts: 2,714
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night I had the chance to fire up all three Eggs and so, once again, justify to my wife the need for multiple Eggs.[p]Here's the All-Star Team in action (well, you can't really tell that they're doing anything, but they're all cooking away vigorously).[p]3wisemen2.JPG[p]I decided to try stuffed bell peppers for the first time tonight. With RRP's help I used a recipe submitted by "Lee2" on the recipe page of the BGE site as my go-by. I made about a cup of jasmine rice in my rice cooker, grilled about 4 spicy Italian sausages on Mini (about 10 minutes a side at 400 with hickory), then sliced up the sausages and sauteed them with diced onions and olive oil, then spooned the onion/sausage mixture in with the rice and grated about a cup of pepperjack cheese on top, then stirred everything together.[p]Here's what the stuffing mixture looked like:[p]pepper%20stuffing2.JPG[p]After cutting the tops off the peppers and scraping out the insides, I parboiled them in water for about 5 minutes just to soften, then stuffed them with the mixture.[p]I sprinkled some red pepper flakes, basil, and paprika on the tops before taking to my Small Egg, which I had running at about 375 degrees with two split firebricks sitting directly on the cooking grid. I made a foil pan and placed it into a 2" deep round cooking pan and placed the peppers in the foil as seen here:[p]peppers%20stuffed2.JPG[p]After about 20 minutes, I sprinkled some additional grated pepperjack on the tops of the peppers, and after about 30 minutes they were done:[p]peppersonmini2.JPG[p]I also did some Dizzy Dusted pork tenderloin on the Medium:[p]loinsonegg2.JPG[p]as well as some Italian dressing marinated baby bellas on the Mini for about 10 minutes at 450, stirring them around after the first 5 minutes:[p]babybellas2.JPG[p]Here's a pic of the plated meal, with some snow peas that, oh well, were cooked on the stove (if I had just had one more Egg, honey!)[p]3-5meal%20plated2.JPG[p]Cheers to all and have a restful Sunday,[p]TRex

Comments