Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LMAO. Open invitation for Easter Monday.

snake701uk
snake701uk Posts: 187
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Can't beleive it! Easter plans had gone belly up! No daughters, no kid to cook etc. So with a small group of friends we decided to just drink, cook and eat the day away without pressure! My butcher felt guilty about not getting me the kid and has just shown up with 20lbs of another one he went and fetched. So that leaves : -
6lbs beef shoulder roast.
20 lbs Kid.
6 Lbs chicken.
Plus sides and all the rest.
There are 5 of us. No space left in freezer.
So if anybody is near Alessandria Italy during the day, Easter Monday, just reply below and I will let you know how to get here. Food and wine will not be lacking.
Considering my daughter is going to a barbie during the day, we have said to pass by me in the evening for the last round! Too late now to invite serious friends. Freezer space hunt here as well.
Just ment in fun. Time to prepare. Invite is open to all.
Gates are open! Andy

Comments

• I will check the flights!
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    wish we were closer!! we would be there in a heart beat :) happy Holiday to you!
  • jodyQ
    jodyQ Posts: 11
    Snake701UK, how so very nice of you to put out an open invitation. If not for being 3000 miles away I would be honored to spend Easter with someone so thoughtful. Please enjoy yourself and the company of your good friends. Sorry the daughters couldn't make it, one of my real enjoyments is cooking something good for my kids. They are both in college and don't get home cooking very often and wonderful Egg cooked food even less. One question what's kid? (lamb or goat I'm guessing)
  • snake701uk
    snake701uk Posts: 187
    It gets worse. My eldest daughter came round to help me make our coleslaw and sauces for tommorrow. 7 portions for her and 7 for me. During the prep she got a phone call saying that they are in 15! So she left with all! I will start again. Thats life. :) . They could not come for lunch due to "other invitations" but found time for the coleslaw. LOL.
    They will be here on first of May for the lamb. They love the cooking of the egg.
    The kid is a baby goat from Sardegna. Looks good. I am going to debone it and marinate it tonight. It will cook quick. I will make a stock of the bones. Have a great day. However it goes tommorrow I will do my best to have a good one. Andy
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Sounds like a blast!!! I only WISH I could visit you in Italy! So...what kind of cheese did you settle on for your ABT's??
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Andy, I lament that I'm stuck over here, lol. Have a wonderful Easter Monday. :)