Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Poot (Pork butt Mike) is LOSING it!! Help!!!

Options
Little Chef
Little Chef Posts: 4,725
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Help needed from fellow forum members! Poot has just told me, he is planning on giving 'the wife' a .38 pistol for their 30th Annivesary. Ouch!! :blink: I told him that Pearls were the traditional 30th anniversary present, so he is now looking for Pearl handled guns! :huh: Any input??? I told him this was like giving the wife a washing machine for her Birthday!! HELP??? :S :huh: HELP!!

Comments

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Tell him giving a gun to his wife didn't work so well for Felix Pappalardi. I'm sure Mikes morals are a better so there is hope for a better outcome.

Look at it this way maybe she is giving him a diamond anniversary band sized for her finger :whistle:
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options
    I thought you meant hot dogs! :laugh:

I have never met the lovely couple so I can't say as to whether Mike is at risk or not. I know a number of lovely ladies that handle a gun very well and can often out shoot their spouses. The last two I encountered have .357 magnums! I think there is something about the female temperament, and I do not mean anything to do with anger, that lends it self very well to the shooting sports.

You shoot don't you LC? Is Bubba Tim in any great risk?
    Maybe you should decline from answering that last question! :laugh:

I would think it a lot better then a washing machine any day and I am a big fan of women being able to defend themselves when needed. I say get the gun, get her licensed to carry and train her in self defense if she isn't already. Then, Mike, behave yourself! ;)

Blair
  • Little Chef
    Options
    Gator...Yeah, I shoot! You want to hear about the 6mm, 7mm....or my .38 special??? Do OK too, with the .45 Glock! :woohoo: Let's just say this is a house you don't want to 'surprise'.... :laugh: But what about the gift to the wife??? :blink: I will admit, I shot with Poots wife, and she is one HECK of a good shot!! :laugh: Poor poor Poot!! :blink:
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    He might be razzing you. Or like I said it my be a trade.

My first Egg was purchased on the condition my wife got to buy a piece of furniture.

Guess which one is still around. Besides the wife of course ;)
  • Little Chef
    Options
    dhuff....Poot realized that Felix didn't make out so good... :blink: . He's a smart man, and will fare ok! Hey, after 30 years, if she hasn't killed him yet, all is GOOD!! :laugh:
  • Little Chef
    Options
    DHuffjr...No Worries! His wife has always claimed she has enough Eggs to dispose of his parts!! It will ALL be good in the end! :laugh: :blink: ;) They even have a desk top egg, which would be perfect for the ashes.... ;) :laugh:
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Like I say I have never had the pleasure to meet the lovely couple, my bad for not getting to a fest. I hope to remedy that sometime in the future. I would think that if I had found the love of my life and she was into shooting, camping AND egging I would be one happy boy! If she liked fishing and cleaned fish, had a boat and knew the difference between "honey dew" and "honey do" . . . :woohoo:

Maybe that's why I'm still single. ;)

Blair

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Be about like me giving mine a cookbook! :woohoo: :woohoo:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    that mike is one romantic guy ,, i need to take a page out of his book :laugh:
    the pistol is ok if that is what SHE wants.. but since this is pbm's new hobby i have some reservations. i think pearl handles add insult to injury to to speak. if he has his heart set on this it has to be accompanied by 'something' else. pearl earings perhaps even a gift certificate to her favorite store. i do agree with you .. this seems , at least on the surface, to be the traditional "happy birthday , honey, i hope you like the cordless drill"

bill
  • Sundazes
    Sundazes Posts: 307
    Options
    My wife got a .40 cal Beretta one year for mothers day. And yes, that is what she wanted. And no, I have not experienced the business end.... yet.....
  • Le Oeuf Vert
    Options
    If she will use it and enjoy it he should go for it. Its a great hobby to have.
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Yes it's going to be our 30th Anniversary next month. After 30 years we pretty much have what we both want and if we don't we go get it,if the pocket book allows us to. Since I got my Concealed License I been going to the range quite a bit. My lovely bride has been coming along and been practicing with me. At first I thought it was beginners luck the way she was shooting. But again I was wrong. She is a real good shot and loves to shoot and likes it a lot. Now she is going for her Concealed License.

What more can a guy ask for, Sabrina loves Egging, Nascar, Camping, and now Shooting at the range. Things that I love doing. How many guys can say there wives love the same hobbies as they do. So I figure I am one of the luckies guys in the world. Now for a good present I was thinking of getting her a 38 special, which she has been asking for. When LC asked me what I was doing for our Anniversary I told her. She said no no no, 30 years mean Pearls. So I told her I would put a pearl handle on it for her. So whats so wrong about that. It's a practical gift, romantic gift and is something she wants.

PS: Loosing it, I lost it.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    It sounds like a lovely gift Poot and I was there and she is an awesome shot!
    IMAG0050-1.jpg
    IMAG0051-1.jpg
    the only thing that would concern me is the best shots she got were when she used this picture for the target????
    IMAG0041-1.jpg
  • Le Oeuf Vert
    Options
    Could not ask for a better shooting partner. After reading your response it sounds like the perfect gift. Best of luck with it.
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    I say HECK YEAH, get the girl a gun!

SHE-E-O has been on me to teach her to shoot and we went looking last weekend. She liked the Beretta PX4 compact.....and our 20th is coming up in July. Thanks for the idea! ;)
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Great Idea Poot, and besides, she works in a law office, probably needs one! :laugh:
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    I carry a 38 S&W model 19- it was my father's service revolver. I've decided to send it to S&W to have it re-blued...when I get it back it will look brand spanking new and I'm thinking I will likely not continue carrying it. My husband just got a new Glock 22 40 S&W, which I envy. I've got to decide something soon though. Best of luck Poot - from Mainegg's post I think you are safe with this gift! :laugh: ;)
  • Gator Bait
    Options

I have to agree with you Mike, you are a very lucky man!

The .38 special is an outstanding round and has been around for over 100 years. The .38 special is perfectly safe to fire in a .357 Magnum and is a very civilized round. The diameter is the same but there is about a tenth of an inch difference in the length of the casing. That means that you can not shoot .357 Magnum rounds in a a .38 special. That being said you may want to get her a .357 magnum so she will have the greater variety of rounds to shoot. Just a thought. :)

Blair

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Nascar? :S :P

Mine has to qualify with the 9 mil every year so we may have to go sling some lead too. B)
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    The way I see it Michelle, if PBM gives Sabrina a gun for her birthday, in the futute, she will be able to get whatever she wants, whenever she wants once she learns how to point that thing accurately at Mike. :woohoo:
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Options
    Mike, I agree with you...who needs pearls :woohoo: :laugh: Though I do like the idea of a pearl handle :P I am a shooter too, and I think that would be a great, great gift. It sounds like she would love it; I'm all about spending money on quality things that you enjoy - especially those things you can do together.
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    DSC06076JPGa.jpg

Nothing wrong with a little gun control. Are you getting her an Airweight?
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Mike, the gun is nice if that's what she wants, but I don't think a little sparkly something to go along with it would hurt, either! Pearls or diamonds for the 30th anniversary is the tradition. Just sayin!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    My wife and I celebrated our First Anniversary yesterday and she got my a 12 gauge shotgun. What's wrong with guns for anniv gifts? :woohoo:

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings