Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Loin Help

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey everyone,
Going to do a Pork Loin on my large today. We bought them at Sams club, they come 2 in a Pack and there fairly thick. I was wondering if anyone has a simple easy recipe for these? I for got to marinate themlast night so now I was just going to rub them with Dp"s cow lick or some kind of rub then grill. How long should these cook for with out drying out? Thanks for the replies
PS. Also wanted to know if anyone has a Rutland Gasket and are they happy with it?
Dave in Spring hill Fla

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Howdy Dave!
    There are many ways to cook loin meat, and the only critical thing is that you don't overcook. The window between underdone and overdone is very small, so it takes a close eye, and getting it of your cooker around 140 internal. My personal favorite is to cook them direct, as a nice brown crust is magical. Check the link for how I do them. I am sure some others will chime in with their favorite methods as well.[p]I was happy with my rutland gasket until I heard that the company does not recommending using this fibrous material around food. So I use the BGE gaskets.
    Good luck with you loin cook, and let us know what you do!
    Happy cookin
    Chris

[ul][li]Direct Loin cook[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy,
    I hope I said correct what I have, it is the filet of the loin is this different than the regular loin? as far as temps or direct cooking? Its not like what you have in your pics on your site what you gave me.
    Dave

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Dave in Spring hill Fla,
    You mean they are loin chops? Can you describe the thickness and size,?? How is the package labelled?
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Dave in Spring hill Fla, You have a pork tenderloin, I'd go direct, 325-350 til 140 internal. Peace...

• Dave in Spring Hill, Here is a pic of a pork tenderloin I stuffed a while back. Peace...[p]StuffedPorkLoinCooked.jpg[p]Sliced[p]StuffedPorkLoinSliced.jpg[p][p]
  • Nature Boy,
    No there not chops , these are long and whole loinsthere pork loin tenderloin whole I call them filet mignon parts of the pork chop

• Dave in Spring Hill,
    INGREDIENTS[p]Glaze[p]
    1 small onion, diced
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 cup apple cider
    1 tablespoon brown sugar
    half a cup of maple syrup
    1 teaspoon dry English mustard
    several sprigs fresh marjoram OR rosemary, whole
    For the Flavor Pack[p]1 clove garlic
    1 teaspoon kosher salt
    1 tablespoon fresh marjoram OR rosemary leaves
    Few drops olive oil
    1 tablespoon grated green apple
    1 two pound pork loin
    Salt & pepper to taste
    Accompaniment[p]2 green apples, sliced horizontally to show a star in the core, half-inch slices
    1 vidalia or other sweet onion, sliced in 1/2 rounds
    =============
    METHOD[p]Sauté onion in oil over medium heat until translucent. Raise heat to high, add cider, sugar, maple syrup, mustard and marjoram OR rosemary. Boil down till glaze begins to thicken, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. [p]Chop together garlic, salt, marjoram OR rosemary and oil to form a paste. Mix in grated apple. Make several slits in pork and pack with bits of the mixture. Season pork with salt & pepper. If pork is tied, you can tuck whole stems of your selected herb all around for a more intense flavor. Brush lightly with glaze and grill over hot coals, constantly basting with glaze, 10-15 minutes or till done to your liking. In the last 5-7 minutes, brush the apples and onions with olive oil and grill, turning once, till tender but not too soft. Slice pork and serve over grilled apple & onion.

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Dave In Spring Hill Fla,
    Yep, as FatBack sez, you gotchya some tenderloins. Them are good, and I cook them like the loins except hotter. 350-375 direct to 140 internal. Flip to develop a nice even crust, and enjoy!
    Beers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com