Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great Asparagus Recipe

Options
bean town griller
bean town griller Posts: 37
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Been buying fresh asparagus all winter, which is something new because didn't used to be able to get good asparagus in the northeast during this time of year. Think it comes from Mexico or something... Either way wanted to share this recipe with everyone because it makes for a great accompaniment to a meal, perfect cold the next day, everyone likes them (even the non-veggie eaters I've served them to) and the best part is it is real easy.[p]Start by cleaning them good, snap the bottoms off and put in a glass container/bag/whatever you use to marinade food. Put in a liberal amount of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, fresh minced garlic, and a fair amount of grated parmesan. If you're serving them to people that like heat add some crushed red pepper. Marinade for as long as you like. Generally I just leave on the counter and turn every 1/2 hour or so for a couple hours (or as long as you have). Tongs work real well for this.[p]When ready to grill place directly on the grid perpendicular to the grates. I tend to just stick them at the bottom of the BGE near the handle. Don't have to worry about any falling thru on the coals and there’s no messy cleanup. I try to turn them every time I open the lid to check whatever else I have on the grill, once again tong works well. When they have been turned I use the marinade and brush on while sitting on the grill. I usually cook at whatever temp I am cooking other things on the egg at, although I have found that higher temps work better. Cook until desired doneness - I usually like to get a nice char on the outside of the asparagus.[p]Give them a try – you won’t be disappointed.[p]Bean town