Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

30 hour Pulled pork LOL

Eggecutioner
Eggecutioner Posts: 628
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well...[p]I completed my first weekend with an egg. Now I need more lump...that however is another story.[p]9:30 PM Friday: I started my 6.25# pork butt, dome temp @ 225F. I removed it from the grill @ 3:30 AM Sunday, and shut down the grill. Well, I tried to remove it, it just fell apart. Love that :o) Anyway, I had the cooler ready, there was no way I was going to be able to wrap it. So, at 3:30 am I pulled it. Man is that some GOOD Eats!!! I was really suprised at the amout of charcoal I had left. I think I used about 50-60% of a full load. AMAZING! Love this tool![p]8:00 AM Sunday added more charcoal, lit her again, put on my ribs for the race. 300F In a v-rack for 4 hours, Foiled for 1 hour (with a little apple juice). Love Em Dry. I used "Jungle Rub" from a bbq guy in Wisconsin. Hard to get and I'm gettin low on that stuff. Succulent (sp?) Perfect Amazing... After I snuck a couple dry, I sauced em and threw them back on the grill.[p]2:30PM Sunday Inverted the Platesetter and installed the pizza stone, leveled my egg at 550F for 25-30 min. Did 4 7-8" personal pizzas. They were ok. Pizza is new to me..I WILL get better. I almost forgot to get pics og the pizzas. So it may have the appearance of them almost being gone! LOL[p]Thanks again to all,
J[p]
fallin-apart.jpg

pulled.jpg

After-30hrs.jpg

RIBs.jpg

Pizza.jpg