Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bnls Rump Roast

Options
Pot Licker
Pot Licker Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Guys and Gals, I have a 3.39 lb bnls rump roast that I marinated all night in Italian dressing and want to serve this afternoon. The ideal would have been a slow cook for many hours, that not being an option, do any of you have a recommendation on time and temp? I was thinking 300 dome temp but was guessing at that, thanks for your help.

Comments

• yaB
    yaB Posts: 137
    Options
    Pot licker,[p]Go for a higher dome temp, around 350°. Since it's a smaller roast, you can probably figure on around 15 minutes per pound to get into the "rare" ballpark. But monitor the internal temp if you can, and pull between 130° and 135° for rare. Let the roast rest for 10 minutes or so before slicing.[p]Bob
  • Charbon
    Charbon Posts: 222
    Options
    Pot licker, I'm pretty much a newbie here but Iv'e done the cuts of meat like rump quickly and only thing good for is to resole an old pair of slippers. Better luck with raised grid 3 hours at 300 then foil with liquid for 1 1/2 hours more.