Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

problem with returning mail thru eggheadforum

Options
Desert Oasis Woman
Desert Oasis Woman Posts: 5,604
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Dan and Jerry,
rec'd emails but can't reply :blink:
please send another with your email addresses
will be back later to work on problem
thanks!

problem: both came in as mac.com accounts and my server won't recognize
am on mobileme server

Comments

• SWOkla-Jerry
    Options
    hi kari
    jlw104 at gmail.com
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    thanks, will get back with you this afternoon
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    I had the same problem recently when trying to respond to E-mails..
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

With outlook when a forum email is received and reply is clicked one needs to look at the outgoing address. Usually the address will be the forum with the persons actual email address is in brackets to the right. One needs to go into the body of the email and copy the actual email address and paste it in the 'to:' line on the outgoing email.

This process will allow you to reply to the sender, however it won't put that persons email address in the memorized email address'.

Kent
    kentja at comcast dot net
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    i get them where the persons forum handle is added to the emal address and has to be removed. sent one the other day and it turned from aol.com to mac.com in the email address, it seems to be best to include your email address with your message everytime, the forum emailing is really bad lately
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

It does make it a lot easier if one types in the email address.

Made 'your' the meat loaf last night... a nice addition. This morning when I sliced, the slices didn't hold together well. A little more experimenting needed. Thanks for sharing your cook.

Kent
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Kari:

Rec'd an email from myself@mac.com :ermm: as the sender with your addy underneath. Sent you another test message to your new addy.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    :laugh: its changing everyone into mac users :huh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    dan, your's came thru as mac.com, too, along with hotmail; neither would work as "reply"