Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shishless Kabobs or is it Kabobless Shishes

Options
Fearless Flatlander
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have always had trouble with kabobs. The veggies spin around. The tomatoes are done way before the onions. There is a whole list. So here is what I do, better to have a solution than a complaint. I use a veggie grill to do the onions, peppers, mushrooms etc. Starting with the firmer veggies and adding the softer ones as they cook. This gives me greater control. I grill my tomatoes, cut in half, on the Lodge cast iron hibachi. (which gets the hibachi warm still haven't seen a great smores recipe for the egg). When the veggies are almost done I pull them and the veggie grill, crank up the heat on the egg and do the steak tips seperately. Then I put the steak tips into the veggie grill and the grill goes back to the egg to bring everything up to eating temp. Serve the tomatoe on the side. The presentation is not as nice as nice skewer of meat and veggies, but that is another solution. Smores for desseret, come on summer FF