Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Recipe for flatlander

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is the recipe you asked for. I did it in the oven but I think it would have benefitted from just a touch of smoke. All I know was that the leftovers mixed with the leftover pulled pork were great.
PS I love Cooking Light's recipes...[p]Butternut Squash, Apple, and Leek Gratin
From Cooking Light
[p]The mild, garlicky flavor of leeks balances the sweetness of the squash and apple cider. Try this side dish with pork, chicken, or turkey. [p]5 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled butternut squash
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced leek (about 2 large)
2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled Braeburn apple (about 1 pound)
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
Cooking spray
1/2 cup apple cider or juice
2 (1-ounce) slices white bread
3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
1 tablespoon butter, melted[p]Preheat oven to 400°
Steam squash, covered, 9 minutes or until tender.[p]Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add leek; sauté 5 minutes or until lightly browned.[p]Combine squash, leek, apple, sugar, salt, nutmeg, and pepper in a large bowl; toss gently to coat. Spoon into a 2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray, and pour cider over squash mixture. Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes.[p]Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs form to measure 1 cup. Combine breadcrumbs, pine nuts, and butter. Uncover the casserole; sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, an additional 15 minutes or until golden brown. [p]Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup)[p]NUTRITION PER SERVING
CALORIES 151(25% from fat); FAT 4.2g(sat 1.4g,mono 1.5g,poly 0.9g); PROTEIN 2.5g; CHOLESTEROL 4mg; CALCIUM 63mg; SODIUM 202mg; FIBER 4.6g; IRON 1.5mg; CARBOHYDRATE 28.6g[p]Cooking Light, SEPTEMBER 2001[p]