Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Does This Count as a Burnt Offering?

Options
2»

Comments

• Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    Too much wine??
    As for a salvage of the pan: It looks like a heavy SS.
    Scrub the hell out of it wth "Scotch-Brite" pads and vineagar. It may be possable.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Thanks, Doug. I will try that method.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Forget about the pan, just noticed the bottom is warped, so it's going in the garbage.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Faith,

My worst was forgetting a pan of water soo long that I made a tennis racquet out of it. No strings :P Seriously though, the handle and the top rim of the pan were all that was left. The house smelled like a welding shop for a while though.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Adam, it still reaks in this house. I am afraid the smell is in the carpet. It has been 4 days and absolutely no improvement.

• ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    Options
    Have you tried setting out shallow bowls of vinegar overnight? You can add a couple of lemon slices to the bowl as well. The vinegar will help absorb the odors.

You can try boiling a 50/50 vinegar & water solution (lemon slices, optional) for a couple of hours, to help speed up the process.

Sprinkle baking soda across the carpet and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes, before vacuuming up.

Make sure you change out your house's air filter, too.

As a last-ditch effort, you could rent an ozone-generating air cleaner.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)