Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3lb pork loin cooking time?...any help?

Jail egger
Jail egger Posts: 67
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
got a 3 pounder and trying to get it done for dinner.

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Direct raised grid or indirect, either is fine. Cook at 350 until 145-160 in the middle. (some people don't like pink pork) Should take 1-1 1/2 hrs....
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Here is part of a recipe I did.
    Cook indirect at 350° for 1- 1 1/2 hours until internal temperature was 140°F. After an hour, basted with fig sauce and Welch's white grape juice equal parts. Pulled and let rest for 15 minutes. Temperature rose to 146°F. Just before pulling baste it with just fig sauce.
  • thanks

i used a recipe i found on the net to marinade it overnight, i will share if it turns out. it included oj mustard and tiger sauce.
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    JailEgger: 350* raised direct, it won't take very long! Pork is absolutely perfectly safe (and very moist and tender) at 137*. I pull mine at 134*, and it carries over to 140* or better during the rest. Cook to internal temp, not time. I would guess about 45 minutes.
    As Vidalia mentioned, some people still prefer "pork has to be well done to be done", which is fine, too! That's what makes the world go 'round! :laugh: But truly, with roasts and chops, 137* is perfectly safe, just not everybody's preference. Don't even ask me what temp I pull my tenderloins at... :blush::whistle:
  • Susan Egglaine
    Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
    I am with LC on this one. Pork loins have been on sale here. I have cooked loins or chops 3 times in the past 2 weeks. I would check at a half hour mark but will probably take longer, personal preference like the others have said. Good luck ;)