Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chuck Roast

Options
clausenk
clausenk Posts: 93
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Couple of weeks ago someone asked me about cooking chuck roasts. I was kinda fuzzy on which of the many chuck cuts worked best. After looking at, and cooking, different cuts since, I can say that the shoulder roast works best for me. [p]If anyone else has tried chuck for pulled beef or in place of brisket, I'd love to hear about your experiences.[p]Clausen

Comments

• clausenk,[p]I have tried several cuts of beef for pulled beef but always come back to the choice chuck roasts from my local stores. They are always less expensive than the chuck rolls or shoulder clods. [p]The link will take you to some information I posted a few weeks ago. [p]Dave

[ul][li]Pulled Beef[/ul]
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    clausenk,
    ive ben very satisfied with the chuck roll, im thinking of buying the whole piece next time and using the smaller sides for pastrami, and or maybe some corned beef.

[ul][li]pulled beef[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    clausenk,
    It's our preferred cut for pulled beef; preferably with the blade left in. Setup is the same as for pulled pork. Have fun.