Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Char-Crusted Pork Chops

Options
bdavidson
bdavidson Posts: 411
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Retrieved some pork chops from the freezer this afternoon and after thawing, liberally coated them with garlic-peppercorn Char-Crust. Cooked them at 300 until they seemed to be done...not sure of the time, but I think it was on the order of 20 minutes (they were rather thin cuts). Best chops I've had in a while (at least since I tasted the Colonel's Mexican stuffed variety at E2K in April!)
Highly recommended.[p]I'll be leaving for vacation for 2 weeks this Saturday... one week at NC's Outer Banks and one week at Hilton Head. It will be a hardship, but someone's got to bear the burden! Think of me as I will be forced to cook on a...gulp...kettle grill for the first half of June! I'll miss you all, but especially my BGE!

Comments

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    bdavidson,
    You could always pick up a mini to take with.[p]By the way, Char Crusted Pork Chops are one of my favorites. I seem to always use the Hickory Molasses. For something different, the next time that you cook chops, fire them like you would steaks. Depending on the thickness, I usually cook them at 650 for four minutes per side and let them dwell for 10 minutes. They will come extremely juicy. The juice mixed with the Char Crust makes its own sauce on the plate.[p]Have Fun,
    RhumAndJerk[p]