Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

SaladoTest Run and Mini Vent

Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
edited 2:38PM in EggHead Forum
Beautiful day in San Antonio yesterday. Still trying to decide what to cook on the Mini in Salado. Think I've settled on Sweet Balsamic Chipotle Pork Tenderloin Medallions and pineapple rings. Quick cook and easy. Also rethought the Mini Vent. Works great, btw.

LR

110.jpg

115.jpg

117.jpg

120.jpg

124.jpg

121.jpg

Comments

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 7,820
    Really like he new Vent...and the fireplace...and the pork medallions...and the pineapple rings.
    Think
    I need breakfast before I open any more posts.LOL
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Susan EgglaineSusan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
    & the dog! Everything looks great!
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Mike looks fantastic, I'm "visiting" you in Salado
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Holy cow! That's a feast. :)
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Looking forward to it.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,705
    Care to talk a little about the: Sweet Balsamic Chipotle Pork Tenderloin Medallions?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• beesbees Posts: 335
    Nice job, is that a washer and a whatzit.( what is that triangle)Foood looks great. Randy
    just a piece of gal. sheet steel that I cut and shaped.
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Very nice looking eats there.

Great looking top vent. Did you drill a hole and tap the ceramics?

Kent
    Kent: Sorry I haven't posted sooner about the GrandBaby. Beautiful! Congratulations, My Friend!

That poor ol' Mini has seen some days. MollyShark abandoned the poor thing, and I sort of took her in. (the Mini, not Molly) Since I didn't have a Daisy for the Mini, I figured that I might as well experiment. I bored a hole with a Dremel type, stone grinding point. The screw is actually epoxied in place by dropping a small bit of liquid epoxy down the hole then inserting the screw...making sure none rose to the top to interfere with the works. It works.

Again, Congrats on the Baby!

Mike
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Excellent choice - they sure look good. Do you marinate the medallions, and then baste? :)
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,904
    LR, how much do you have to cook for the fest. Salado will be my first eggfest. I am considering cooking for the Texasfest
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Thanks Mike. Much appreciated.

"(the Mini, not Molly)" that was funny!!!!

great idea. I like the smaller size. Epoxy, I don't think I would have even thought of that. If there is a hard way to do something, that's seems to be how I tackle things...

Again, thanks. Kent
  • Pork Butt MikePork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Great idea for the mini vent. Two thumbs up.