Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Der Untergang (The Downfall, Eggfest 2012)

Options

Comments

• wkygriller
    wkygriller Posts: 408
    Options
    Thanks for the laugh :laugh: :laugh:
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    And sorry dude but I find no humor in anything related to Hitler. -RP
  • Deckhand
    Deckhand Posts: 318
    Options
    I always wondered what they were saying in those foreign films... Now I know.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    i didn't blame the woman. i said she was part of the vitriol. the broad had a crosshair pasted over the woman's district. if it wasn't in bad taste, why did t]she take that down within an hour of the shooting?

i didn't delete my post. maybe you haven't picked up on it, but i really ain't the type of person to suddenly think something i said was stupid. :laugh:

write me an email and explain whatever the hell i did to you.

you don't get to drag some imagined offense out of the closet months later, and act like i did something to you personally. if i bothered you then you should have said something. this is like coming up to me at out 40th highschool reunion and saying i once made a joke about your girlfriend at the time.

i don't remember picking on you, but i'm sorry if i did.

and please. explain the whole "jeff did something dangerous" thing. let's go so far as to say i DID literally say sarah palin was directly responsible, how in the hell does that enter into it here? did i just say someone should be shot?

anyway. i often forget that some people are wound pretty tight and have no sense of humor. i didn't think you were one. i hope i am reading this wrong.

didn't mean to get you or sarah palin upset with my obviously satirical spoof.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • stike
    Options
    noted. might wanna write an angry letter to Mel Brooks while you are at it
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    He didn't piss me off, you did. -RP
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    All I said was it was bold....and apparently it was...wether you mentioned me or not is irrelevant...look at the fallout..did you expect anything less...
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    Options
    bloody great.. thank you for the laugh
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    It wasn't a crosshair on the map, it was a survey marker - a commonly used and government approved map symbol. The US Geological survey uses the exact same marker and calls it a principal point.

Just wanted to clear up that little part.
  • stike
    Options
    Three months ago, apparenty. Thanks for letting me know only now instead of letting it fester

You mischaracterized what I said, remembered it incorrectly, and are letting me know only now about it
    Imam truly sorry that you have been seething for months behind my back about some imagined transgression
  • stike
    Options
    Scoring a point on the forum rather than in an email?

We both know that's not at all what the symbol was implying.
    I suppose the reason they took it down so quickly was because the surveyors were pissed it was used incorrectly

Having studied and practiced as a surveyor, I can tell you that the symbol is used in elevation, not plan.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    The I'm sure we also both know that map wasn't the only one. I can easily show several from the other side of the aisle that use actual bullseyes and call for "targeting strategy" and call red states "behind enemy lines".

And I'm sure we both know that targeting on either side of that coin is not intended by any stretch in the literal sense of aiming a weapon at someone.
  • WessB
    Options
    Kinda like this...I think...only half aimed...if I understand
    DSC00027.jpg
  • stike
    Options
    I didn't blame the woman for it, and quibbling about the BMW symbol on a map doesn't mean it was in bad taste

Referring to the other side seems to imply that 1.) you think you know what side I'm on and 2.) that I think it is ok for either "side" to be setting their sights on people

Finding a bill Clinton pamphlet with crosshairs on it doesn't mean i think it's ok

I. Did. Not. Blame. Sarah. Palin
    Though that doesn't mean I'm sending her a check and fawning over her at a handshake oppurtunity anytime soon
  • stike
    Options
    Fallout?

Looks like most everyone thought it was funny

I could never have predicted AZRP. His anger is not clear to me
    You don't seem to appreciate my appreciation of your opinion either

I'm sorry
  • stike
    Options
    Bold
  • WessB
    Options
    LMAO....not at all...fact..
  • WessB
    Options
    I have absolutely no idea what this statement is supposed to mean with regards to this whole post..."You don't seem to appreciate my appreciation of your opinion either "
  • stike
    Options
    i'm sorry about that, too i guess.
  • WessB
    Options
    Dude..you really got me wondering on this whole post..and I was sincere in the fact that I didn't know what that statement was supposed to say ...I'm scratchin my head over here..honestly feels like your burnin bridges...hope not..but I always call it like I see it
  • stike
    Options
    What bridge did I burn?

Did I make fun of anyone more in that stupid clip than me?
    Azrp isnt mad at me for the clip, it's for not liking Palin as much as he does

What other bridge did I burn?
    Be clear

I may talk too much, but i always try to be clear
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Insert bad "Clearasil" joke here....
  • WessB
    Options
    Well you did call Max and Dr bbq fraudelent fakes...and you threw in totally innocent AlaskanC..I'm sure eeenie meenie will let you know what she thinks of being a star in the movie...but I do respect that I was NOT one of the famous involved....Thank you
  • stike
    Options
    Wow

I love max. He and his mad max turkey are legitimate fixtures around here.
    n didnt throw eenie meenie or alaskanC under the bus. I made fun of my own idiot self saying they would be upset I wasn't at the eggfest. Is that an insult?

Everyone else got it.

Dr BBQ is a big boy and well known
    Personality. He is more successful than I'll ever be and therefore obviously not a fake

I'm sorry if the idea of satire is lost on some.

There's irony in there too

Sundown isn't senile ( we have plans to go fishing when the weather breaks) and he gives me as much grief as i give him

I ammsorry you took it the exact opposite of how it was intended. That is in fact the basis of irony. But it all hinges on the viewer understanding that I am really not friends with hitler, and that maybe there's a joke in there somewhere
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I thought it was quite funny and I liked the way he made fun of himself, not just others. The way i see it, it was all in good clean fun.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• civil eggineer
    civil eggineer Posts: 1,547
    Options
    Not personally knowing any of the regulars...I ROTFALMAO. Brilliant video!
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    civil eggineer wrote:
    Not personally knowing any of the regulars...I ROTFALMAO. Brilliant video!

my thoughts exactly....
    context is important :)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    BRAVO!!! That was funny!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    what really goes on in that head of yours :laugh: for the forums sake its good that your holding back :ermm: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • stike
    Options
    thanks griffin.

actually, it's more like "sorry griffin". apparently the twenty people that got it were wrong somehow, and it really was some sort of hitler worshipping thing where i announced my hatred for everyone. (just to be clear for those who do not comprehend irony, i do NOT actually mean that. saying it in the way i did, exaggerated and all, is intended to imply the exact OPPOSITE)

following is a small example, since everything seems to need to be explained at length for some people...

ALaskanC was not thrown under the bus. She once here playfully said that she wished i were on facebook so that she could stalk me. she is married, i am married, but we have a few times made jokes about stalking and "dryer vents" and all that. so, here's jeff making a video where two women show up and they are crying. hmmm. gotta bridge this gap in the clip, so what if they are disappointed that i am not coming to eggfest? small joke. i honestly think the words were moving too fast for some people to read them, and they just saw names from the forum coupled with hitler. i can't help that.

eenie meenie? one time someone mentioned there was no pic of me on the forum. in reply, i posted an OBVIOUSLY doctored pic of me with George Clooney's head badly pasted over mine, as though i was trying to get folks to believe i was good looking like clooneY (many women's fantasy). there were a couple women who quickly replied, and, obviously knowing it was clooney but playing along said "ooooh" or something similar.

i may remember incoreectly, but i think one of the people who replied was eenie meenie. and that's it. i needed two women's names who i could (jokingly) imply were sad i wasn't coming. and it fit the three second portion of that clip.

that four-minute video excerpt is a widely known, very popular platform for spoofing many subjects. it is not possible to say that such a clip is making light of hitler. it is such an absurd four minutes, no reasonable adult could ever assume that it elevates the man instead of taking him down. the guy was a raging mentally ill, incomprehensible, ranting, out of control lunatic at that point, and that's the basis for the humor. someone so ridiculously outraged that i'm not coming and therefore he won't score any of my duck prosciutto...

i'm sorry if it is lost on some.

sometimes when you have to explain a joke it is because the joke is not funny. but sometimes, it is because the person didn't get it.