Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

summer sausage

pci
pci Posts: 249
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made some summer sausage with tender quick. The recipe calls to bake @ 350 wrapped in foil for 1 1/2 hours. Will 2 hours on the egg @ 250 be OK? Or just pull @ 160 internal temp? Going to do it unwraped.
Thanks

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    250 degrees is fine. Cook to temp, despite the time. Take pictures.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • pci
    These were on 2 hours @ 250n indirect internal temp. was 168 when I pulled. Sorry picture is a little fuzzy.
    l_ebeca5f6c348460bbe756f4b3e5063c5.jpg
  • cookn biker
    How was the flavor?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • pci
    Will let you know tomorrow Molly. They need to cool overnight. Not sure how it will be recipe called for wrapped in foil but the egg does not dry out meat. Time will tell.
  • pci
    flavor is OK next time I will use the recipe that calls for half of the tender quick I used. This is just a little salty for my taste.
  • cookn biker
    That's how we learrn. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"