Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Resetting the dome question?

BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
edited 1:52AM in EggHead Forum
I need to reset the back of my dome because I have a large cap between the top and the bottom. When I replaced the old hinge with the new one it never set real tight. What is the best way to reset and is it difficult? I still have the white things that holds the spring together. I don't remember how they fit on the hinge. Thanks for any advice. BajaTom

Comments

• Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    First of all, the "white things", also known as spring keepers or locks, will only fit over one pair of nuts on the hinge assembly, so it isn't to tough. You don't really need them with the dome closed anyway, unless you loosen the bands to much.
    Look to see if the bottom band is all the way down on the flange of the egg. If not, loosen it just enough that you can push it down so it is resting on the flange all the way around. You can use a wooden block and a hammer to tap it down into place.
    If this does not solve the problem, then be sure the bottom band is tight, then loosen the top band enough that you can wiggle the dome around so that it is seated firmly on the base. Retighten everything and check for clearance [take the "white things" off]. :laugh:
    Hope this helps :)
  • BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Thanks for the info.